Thursday, December 22, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Wow, this month really flew by! Wanted to share a *sneak peak* at some new album designs and let folks know that I'm almost booked through November/December for holiday sessions but it's never too early to start planning for your sweetheart for Valentine's! I know it seems early but time just flys, doesn't it? So make a date to get pampered by our stylists, pick out a few pieces of sexy things to wear and leave the rest up to us! Simple, isn't it? We'll make it worth your time. Give a gift your loved one will never forget! Contact me to book a session in January (by Nov 30th or before spots fill up) and I'll offer you a special bonus Print or Photo Credit ($100 Value!) Here's some sweet Pin-Up inspiration and sample Album Design, see more on my Facebook Page. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon! Happy Halloween weekend! xoxo Kelly (408)329-2511
Album design by: http://indigoalbumdesign.com/
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Hair & Make-Up by Emily Nguyen
Thursday, September 1, 2011
I'm excited to introduce a new collection of flush-mounted albums this fall from Indigo Album Design! What I love about these albums is that you can customize each with your choice of luxurious leathers or elegant Japanese bookcloths, and mix it up with a selection of beautiful interior end papers. All images are mounted flush to the pages and include a custom design of your pin-up or boudoir photographs with full panoramic spreads. It's a modern presentation with a vintage touch. What better way to create a lasting keepsake of your gorgeous pin-up or boudoir photos? Did I mention that these albums were just featured as an Editor's pick from Brides magazine this past August? Someone once said "a picture is worth a thousand words"...well this album will speak directly to your heart and make a truly wonderful gift to be treasured for years to come.
Beautiful Photos deserve beautiful albums! Join my Facebook Page for more galleries and updates! Stay tuned for album design samples coming soon! xoxo Kelly For Packages and info, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 329-2511
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Having a love for simple and handmade things, there's just something special to me about a handmade book. I took a bookbinding class in college and can appreciate the process and skill it takes to carefully measure, wrap, and choose the perfect binding and paper to create an elegant and beautiful book. So when I found these accordion books created by professional artisan bookbinders, I knew it would make a wonderful one-of-a kind presentation for your pin-up or boudoir photos! These books even got the attention of Oprah and were featured on her "O List!" So you know these books are special!
Each book comes wrapped in red, black, plum or champagne bookcloth, tied with a silk ribbon and classic button enclosure. I'm delighted to now offer this special accordion collection when you book a Half-Day Pampered Pin-Up Package, or simply add this as an upgrade to the basic Petite Pin-Up Package.
Beautiful Photos deserve beautiful albums- So make your loved one feel special with this gorgeous keepsake or cherish this gift for yourself!
More unique albums are coming this holiday season so stay tuned for more! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo Kelly Contact me: email@example.com or (408)329-2511 for package info or schedule a session
*Each book is created solely by hand in the U.S.A: the fabrics and papers are cut, glued and wrapped by skilled artisan bookbinders. Archival & environmentally sound, the paper used in this albums contains 30% post consumer content, are acid-free and meant to last a lifetime.Posted via email from Pin Up's by Kelly
Friday, April 8, 2011
Hair & Make-up by Thy Dinh
Monday, February 14, 2011
Wishing you all a fabulous day with your loved ones! Didn't get a chance to have your V-Day Pin-Ups? You can still book a session until mid-March before I go on maternity leave! I will be back for sessions during mid-July/August. Stay tuned for more inspirational pin-ups! Join my Facebook Page to see more photo galleries, updates and always feel free to contact me for a personal consultation & package info. Have an inspired day! xoxo Kelly Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (408)329-2511
Friday, February 11, 2011
1) Initial consultation. Talk by phone/in person to discuss your session and get a sense of the photographer's style and approach. How much experience does she/he have in this field, what different styles/backdrops are offered, is this a professional or home based studio?
2) Quality vs quantity. This is a biggie. When you browse through a magazine, how many photos do you see of a fashion or celebrity shoot? Usually not more than 4-6 images in a spread. All the photos have been retouched and the model has had hours of hair and make-up styling with a full day of shooting with the photographer. The images are amazing of Natalie Portman and Katy Perry, right? What you won't see are a bunch of unedited*, unretouched images or a repetition of the same outfit/pose. When looking for a photographer, do you really want a large quantity of unedited images or a selection of high-quality photos that you really love and are magazine worthy? Which would you rather give to your loved one? My advice is to not look at numbers you "get" but rather the quality of work and style. To evaluate the photographer whose style is right for you, ask to see a gallery from a sample photo session. Here is an example of Before/After Images where you can see how the client began the photo session make-up free, to the styling process, and some final retouched photos. Difference between edited & retouched photos? *Editing is the correct term for the selection of best images (from all the shots taken in a session) and may or may not include some color adjustments and cropping. Retouching is a labor-intensive process where each individual image is worked on to achieve flawless looking skin, slimming effects, and so on...Here is an example of celebrity retouched photos to get the idea.
3) The creative process. Having worked in the professional industry for years in NY, I've been on many shoots and it all comes down to the basics.
- Styling. Every session starts with thorough styling with a skilled make-up/hair stylist. They truly can perform miracle transformations and if you want hair like Gisele, smokey eyes like Kim K., or a flawless complexion and vampy lips like Dita Von Teese, chances are, you need the pros to work their magic on you! Any trained stylist with industry experience will tell you it doesn't always come fast. Average styling time with my stylists are 1.5 hours and includes application of false lashes, sometimes extra layers! Please refer to Before/After examples. If someone offers 20min "quick" styling from start to finish, I would be skeptical of the end result.
- Environment. A pin-up/boudoir photo shoot is an intimate experience. You need to feel comfortable in the environment where the shoot will take place. Shooting in a dedicated studio with a private changing area will put you in a different emotional state of preparation than shooting at someone's home.
-Timing. Fashion shoots are notorious for taking 12 hour days. Though time should be used more efficiently for busy everyday gals, it's not realistic to think of a pin-up or boudoir shoot as a quick, "snap and go" experience. An average session with multiple outfits/backdrop changes takes around 2 hours minimum. Since most of my clients have never posed in their lives, helping them take the time to feel comfortable and know what to expect is very important in this process.
I hope this gives some helpful ideas to factor in when deciding on a boudoir or pin-up photographer. Whether it's a gift for yourself or a loved one, it's important to feel comfortable about the process and the photographer you're working with. Have any questions or comments, experiences to share? I would love to hear from you. Email me: email@example.com (408)329-2511 Thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
If you're looking for beautiful, classic boudoir photos, you're in good company. :-) I've always been inspired by traditional and modern black and white photography and love capturing the feminine form in this style. Some of my favorite photographers are Henri Cartier-Bresson, Patrick Demarchalier, and Herb Ritts to name a few. Having a background in photojournalism, I look for natural moments to bring out the best in your portraiture. So whether you are a classic boudoir gal or a fan of retro pin-ups, my stylists and I can help you custom design the vision of your session! I'm available for consultations and sessions throughout February and I will be going on Maternity leave from March-July. Please feel free to contact me for packages or to schedule a consultation. Thank you and have an inspiring day! xoxo Kelly Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (408)329-2511
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Who says you can't be gorgeous and sexy when you're expecting? Demi first started the trend, and more recently Britney and Christina both bared their bellies glamorously for the magazines. For inspiring celebrity maternity photos, click here to view some supermodel moms who Dared-to-Bare! As I get closer to my own due date in May (and maybe I'm biased) but I can't think of a better way to immortalize the beautiful female form during pregnancy than by photography. See photos below of a lovely client (due in March!) who recently did a pin-up style maternity session at my studio. Whether you're a mom-to-be or already a supermom, the stylists and I can give you the Hollywood treatment and transform you into a stunning pin-up! For maternity photos and pin-up sessions, please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help plan and customize your session. Currently booking sessions until March and summer sessions after July. Come celebrate your fabulous self, you deserve it! xoxo Kelly
Inspired by Christina Aguilera's maternity pin-ups, I just love the heels with her outfit!
Black and white is beautiful and has a timeless quality I love...
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
As a special intro to the new year, I'm offering $100 off all packages when you book your session in January or February within the next 11 days! Valentine's is just around the corner so give yourself and your honey a wonderful gift of sexy! Just bring in your favorite lingerie and we will customize your session with a variety of backdrops and accessories. Sessions are limited so book a date by Monday, January 17th! I will also be taking maternity leave from March to July so this is the last season for pin-ups until summer! Please contact me for packages/pricing or to schedule a free consultation. Thanks and wishing you all a fabulous start in 2011! xoxo Kelly Hair & Make-Up Styling by Thy Dinh